- About me
- The Scent of my Mother's Kiss
- Villains & Valour: Holmyard family history
- Empty spaces, people & places
- SETH by Merlene Fawdry
- The Little Mongrel - free to a good home
- The Hidden Risks
- How to make plastic ribbon shades
- Short Form Poetry
- Merlene Fawdry Services for Writers
- The Little Book of Writerly Words
- The Little Book of Poetic Terminology
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Symbiotic or symbolic?
Today I used the words hieroglyphics and sarcophagus in two unrelated haiku - symbiotic or symbolic? The first related to editing markups and the second to a desk tidy. Could both be symbolic of the mystery of death - death of a manuscript from author's intention to editor's correction, and the other as the holder of dead pens? Obviously I am procrastinating from the real job of writing and need to take a self-discipline pill.