Monday, December 19, 2016

Image result for blogging images

I began blogging almost ten years ago, beginning with Telstra BigBlog in 2007 and moving to Blogger on 11 February 2009. During my time on Blogger have made around 500 posts, mainly about writing and the process of writing, as well as examples of poetry in various forms. I have participated in several blog challenges and posted my progress in NaNoWriMo for the three years 2013 to 2015.

During the life of this blog I have written and published nine books and posted the progress of these along the way. I have gained followers and lost others, welcomed positive comments and those that offered constructive criticism and suggestion, while moving abusive spam to the trash bin.

Last year I slowed my blogging activity to focus more on my writing projects, with no posts made at all since October 2015. This lack of activity tells me it is time to retire this blog, leaving it active only to offer information about my current books and new releases. 

This does not mean I am retiring from blogging though, as I have exciting plans for a new direction in 2017. Stay tuned for more news on this. 

Blogging, as writing, is mostly a solitary pastime, so I am thankful to all of my followers and those who stopped by to visit and/or comment for their encouragement and company. 

I have enjoyed the experience immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene