Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day twelve - Delicious, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Digg etc





Day Twelve


I began this challenge with enthusiasm and an eagerness to know more about social networking and the first seven days I felt I was ‘in touch’ - and then came Quora. Interesting, I thought, and why not try something new so I signed up, reads the small print (or so I thought) and asked a question. This was five days ago and ever since then I get the daily smack across my fingers, via email, because I have not conformed in some way. With the first three smacks I slunk back into the site and tried to rectify my sin – and thought I had, but no – the next day’s mail brought the same censure. I’m too old for this and if I’m such a slow learner, I need to find something far simpler to spend my time – a place of softer landings and gentler voices. Foursquare wasn’t for me, but a re-acquaintance with GoodReads was a worthwhile experience – sort of restored my faith in self to some degree. Squidoo I left alone and I have decided today is the day I draw the line across social networking, to be content with what I do and leave rainbow chasing to those with more time and higher energy levels. I have heard of Delicious, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Digg, have even wandered in and had a look on occasion, but I’m afraid if I am to miss out on bookmarking even though it is seen as a key aspect of social media, then I will have more time to do other things – like write perhaps.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree it's a fine and difficult line to walk. Watch for tomorrow's post. It might help you manage all this :) WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene