Sunday, March 6, 2011

Into the past - 3rd draft

Into the past





Into the past, I drift once more,
A daydream opening Moving through an enchanted door
To a time gone by and familiar faces,
A mystic realm of magic places,
On that wondrous distant shore.


Familar streets I re-explore,
The Crooked lanes, the sun-kissed moor
Stepping lightly in open spaces
Following all the well loved traces
Into the past.


On Yet waking now, it's as before
I floated down that corridor,
No friendly face, no warm embraces
Just cold grey ash of in unlit fireplaces,
And I crave sleep take me evermore
Into the past.

I was wrong. There are always changes to be made.

1 comment:

  1. Really interesting to see the progression from one draft to another, Merlene. Love the rose too, did you take the picture yourself? It's really beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene