Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tankas for April

April has been a low creativity month for me and I don't feel I've met the Tanka challenge very well. The following poem has been formed by linking three tankas and I've selected this as an example of this month's challenge. I hope May is a more satisfying productive month for me, when I'll be concenrating on the Roundel form of poetry. Thank you everyone for your messages and comments.

He loves her, he loves her not

She spends every day
in the shadow of the sun
pondering on life
she strips petals from daisies;
he loves her, he loves her not.

Petals lost to rain
broken blossoms of lost dreams
scattered in the grass
at the lowering of the day;
he loves her, he loves her not.

She spends all her nights
seeking guidance from the stars
on past decisions
and opportunities lost;
he loves her, he loves or not.

 
(c) Merlene Fawdry

1 comment:

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene