- About me
- The Scent of my Mother's Kiss
- Villains & Valour: Holmyard family history
- Empty spaces, people & places
- SETH by Merlene Fawdry
- The Little Mongrel - free to a good home
- The Hidden Risks
- How to make plastic ribbon shades
- Short Form Poetry
- Merlene Fawdry Services for Writers
- The Little Book of Writerly Words
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Up late writing in my head. Up early tapping the keyboard.
Sneak peek from Chapter 21
She had no concept of time, never knowing how long she’d slept between awakenings. Time had transmuted into the twilight world she lived in. A shadowy world of almost-silence. Of shufflings and strange smells. She noticed the longer she stayed awake, the more lucid her thoughts became and used this to regain some small control over her situation, flexing and testing what worked and what didn’t, assessing her injuries in the absence of any spoken diagnosis.