Monday, March 11, 2013

Day Ten - GoodReads



GoodReads

I’ve been on GoodReads since 2009. It is a good place for writers and readers to hang out but I, like many others I suspect, do not use it to maximum benefit – notice I have found a way to avoid pointing out once again how intention has not met expectations.

It has been some time since I visited GoodReads and I was surprised to find all the books I’d previously listed and reviewed had disappeared – vanished into thin air – so I can only conclude there have been changes made since my last visit and perhaps I have not read emails or messages informing me of this.

I did call in recently, but clearly didn’t stay long enough to see how learn my profile had become although I did stay long enough to join a group called ‘Older writers’ thinking this may link me to similar age writers – as usual I had failed to read the expanded description which read, ‘This is a group for adults who are serious about the craft of writing. There are plenty of writing groups on GoodReads, but teenagers mostly dominate them. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this group is for more experienced writers to share news, tips, and most of all, their writing to others. Members should be at least 18 years of age. All genres, types of writers are welcome!’ As I would hardly pout any in the older writer bracket simply because they had attained 18 years, I wonder where it puts me at some 50 years in advance of this.

My profile, in its miserable reduced state, is http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2718577-merlene

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Merlene. Once again I will benefit from all your research. I definitely have to put in some work over the next few months to get my networking on track. It really is so important, especially when I need to promote my memoir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'm your friend on GR already, but I can't check because the freaking site is down. AGAIN. I'll pop back and make sure once it's back up. Funny about older writers being over 18 LOL! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene