Friday, June 7, 2013

Risk Draft #6




Draft #6

If she ever thought about him
and she tried not to,
for it reminded her
of the unravelling of her youth,
she supposed the attraction
had been in his daring,

his         defiance of convention,
his         reliance on chance

an attraction that faded
with the onset of parenthood;

           a bigger world
           than the ego 
           of inexperience,

understanding too late
the only risk taken
had been in choices
of her own making.



This has to be the last draft of this poem - for a while at least. I'll set it aside for a couple of weeks (to rise perhaps) and see what I think about it then. As it stands, I don't like it and I suspect I never will but...

1 comment:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    You can find me here: http://loren-mathis.com/blog-3/. Thanks!

    Loren Mathis

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene