Monday, November 25, 2013

Shout out for Melton Short Story Competition Winners

Thumb

Day 25 of NaNoWriMo and the end is in sight. I've missed a few days blogging - head down bum up and all that, but the most exciting happening has been the announcement of the winners and placegetters in the Melton Short Story Competition 2013. 

As the 2007 and 2008 winner, I have a long history with this competition that can be dredged up from newspaper archives, but this isn't about me, it's about the first and second placegetters, Chris Mackley and Terry Probert. Both were in the Longitudinal Novel Writing Workshop I conducted at the Melton Library in 2012 and their potential as writers was clear to me from the start. The third placegetter also  attended writing workshops I facilitated between 2008 and 2011, so it's wonderful to see these results coming in for those who have worked hard at their craft. All of them excellent writers you will hear more about in the future.

I also worked as copy editor with Chris and Terry, My Daddy Cool and me - a Memoir by Chris Mackley, still in the pre-print stages, but hopefully it will be available to the public later 2014 and Kundela by Terry L Probert, a wonderfully Australian novel now on its second print run. 

Take time to visit Chris's blog here and Terry's for a sampling of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene