Monday, February 20, 2012

February winds down

This has been a stop/start month so far, with more stopping than starting, I'm afraid. Studying takes up a lot of writing time, and vice versa, and procrastination takes care of the rest. In between times, I have been critiquing the work of other writers and enjoying reading their stories immensely. That is part of the three way benefit when undertaking critiques - the privilege of previewing a yet-to-be published work - the greater understanding of one's own writing that comes from closer analysis of the work of others - and the gifting of your knowledge and experience to others.
I have my first workshop for the year this week and then they begin in earnest for the year. A writer friend cautioned me against over extending myself and I tell him it's under control - it is, but maybe I'm destined to spend my life, what remains of it, stretching out to...
Poetry will take a back seat this year and, apart from posting on Haiku on Friday each week, I've written very little and now - it's back to the grindstone to mill those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene